Dr. Jessica Lemons, O.D.
Dr. Jessica Lemons was born and raised in Ballinger, Texas. She graduated as Valedictorian from Ballinger High School. She then attended Baylor University where she received a Bachelor of Science degree in Forensic Science.
Dr. Lemons received her Doctor of Optometry degree from the University of Houston College of Optometry. She graduated with Magna Cum Laude honors. She is a therapeutic optometrist and a glaucoma specialist.
She is a member of the Texas Optometric Association and the American Optometric Association. In her spare time, Dr. Lemons enjoys spending time with her husband and children.
- University of Houston College of Optometry, Houston, TX Magna Cum Laude, 2010
- Baylor University Waco, TX, Bachelor of Science in Forensic Science, 2006
- Ballinger High School, Ballinger, TX, Valedictorian, 2002
Braverman-Terry-Oei Eye Associates, San Antonio, TX
- FDA study position for the PresVIEW Scleral Implant (PSI) for the treatment of presbyopia. Duties include pre and post-operative exams, recruitment of patients, and paperwork for the clinical trial. December 2012-Present
- Medically oriented position that includes performing pre and post-operative exams on cataract, pterygium, cornea, and glaucoma surgery patients. Conducting ocular health exams that treat various eye diseases including dry eye, glaucoma, and macular degeneration.
UltraVision, San Antonio, TX
February 2011-June 2012
- Medically oriented position that included performing pre and post-operative exams on refractive, cataract, pterygium, and corneal surgery patients. Routine eye exams including standard contact lens fittings and treatment of anterior and posterior segment disease, glaucoma, and dry eye. Also, several challenging post-surgical RGP fits.
Eyetx Vision Center, San Antonio, TX
August 2010-February 2011
- Primary care optometric position which included performing routine and contact lens exams, treating anterior and posterior segment disease, glaucoma, dry eye, and co-managing post-op refractive surgery care. Helped offices transition to electronic medical records.
Space Center Eye Associates, Houston, TX
- Clinical rotation which emphasized primary care to include management of dry eye syndrome, glaucoma, cataract post-ops, specialty contact lens fitting, and anterior and posterior segment disease. Increased proficiency with use of autorefractor, topographer, retinal camera, and optical coherence tomography.
University of Houston College of Optometry, Houston, TX
- Clinical rotations included the Family Practice Service, Ocular Diagnostic and Medical Eye Disease Service, Cornea and Contact Lens Service, Center for Sight Enhancement Low Vision Service, Pediatrics and Binocular Vision Service, and Optical Dispensary.
Sharp Eye Consultants, San Antonio, TX
- Patient diagnosis and management primarily included posterior segment disease with an emphasis on glaucoma, diabetic and hypertensive retinopathy, and cataract post-operative care.
Teaching Assistant, Clinical Application I Lab, Houston, TX
- A clinical lab that assisted first year students in preliminary testing, direct ophthalmoscopy, and the basics of biomicroscopy and indirect ophthalmoscopy.
- Texas Optometric Association Member
- American Optometric Association Member
- Beta Sigma Kappa Optometric Honor Society
- Student Optometric Practice Management Association
- Fourth year class representative at UHCO
- Zeta Tau Alpha Sorority-Treasurer, Stompfest Team Captain
Awards and Publications
- Letter of Recommendation for superior clinical skills, Summer 2008
- Grand Rounds paper selected for publication in the Institute of Optometric Practice, Fall 2009
- Alcon Laboratories Excellence Award for an outstanding case report, Spring 2010
- Several articles published in San Antonio’s NSIDE Magazine, 2011